Hôtel Restaurant du Port facing the Geneva Lake, between Geneva and Thonon les bains
The Hotel Restaurant du Port, a family story that celebrates its 200th anniversary...
Feet in the water, our family welcomes lovers of Lake Geneva and gourmets since 1820!
This house was inhabited by fishermen when it was built in 1820. Gradually, it will be used to drink, eat and this house will become an inn. The first customers were bacounis, sailors of the boats of Meillerie, the boatmen of the Compagnie Générale de Navigation and the customs officers.
Tourists begin to arrive after the war. Marie Chappuis then took care of this house and kitchen. From woman to woman, they will cook until the 70s.
The company takes off: Roger Kung, who will take over and renovate the company with Rosa, his wife. They will create rooms with individual bathrooms and toilets.
In 1989, when Roger died, his son Jean-François and Jeannine modernized and revitalized the establishment to make it a 4-star hotel, very popular on the shores of French Lake Geneva.
Today, Stéphanie, their daughter, is in charge. With the help of Christophe, his partner chef and Anthony, director of the restaurant: we serve the traditional perch fillets, boya, pike, arctic char, but also the famous baked fera, recipe of Marie Chappuis, revisited over the generations! A family history that continues, thanks to our loyal customers, who continue to transmit the address over time...